All members of the Cochrane Archery Club have insurance
through the Federation of Canadian Archers
The following is copied from the FCA website
With your membership in the Federation of Canadian Archers you
are automatically included in their “Liability Insurance” program.
Only a Club, Association or Member in good standing may obtain
the benefit of this program. The insurance provided is another
example of the Federation of Canadian Archer’s response to the
needs of Archers in Canada.
The following summary is provided for convenience only. It is
not intended to replace the policy or certificate nor to modify
the conditions applicable to them:
Limit of Liability is an inclusive limit of $5,000,000 providing
indemnity for clubs, their officials, volunteers, employees and
members due to legal liability as a result of injuries or death
to persons and damage to property of others arising out of all
club operations including the following extensions and/or sub-limit,
however, coverage for members and volunteers is excess of their
own personal liability insurance but becomes primary if there is
1. Tenants Legal Liability (Broad Form) - sub-limit of $1,000,000.
which covers on a Blanket Basis Legal Liability for damage to buildings
of others rented or occupied by the Club/Association (Subject to
a $1,000. deductible).
2. Products Liability - is designed to cover your Legal Liability
for injury or death to persons or damage to property of others
caused by a condition in a product sold, distributed or handled
by you, after it is in the customers’ possession and away from
your premises (e.g. food, supplies).
3. Medical payments - limits of $2,500. (maximum of $25,000 per incident) each
person pays reasonable medical expenses incurred by non employees and non
association members as a result of accidents on the premises or within the
scope of the club operations. This area of coverage applies only to third
4. Property Damage - on an “Occurrence Basis”, covers events that
occur during the policy period, regardless of when a claim is launched
(subject to a $1,000. deductible).
5. Blanket Contractual Liability - protects against bodily injury
or property damage assumed under oral and written contracts or
6. Cross Liability Clause - means that each club insured is protected
in the same manner and extent as though a separate policy had been
issued to each but it does not increase the policy limit of liability
beyond the amount for which the insurance company would have been
liable if only one person or club had been named as insured.
7. Personal Injury – Limit of $5,000,000. Covers for injury arising
out of certain specified offenses such as libel, slander, false
arrest, malicious prosecution or violation of an individual’s right
8. Non-owned Automobile - Limit of $1,000,000. Protects the club
from legal liability for bodily injury or property damage from
the use of any motor vehicle not owned or leased by the club but
used by anyone on the club’s behalf (i.e. a member may be in a
car accident while on club business and his own insurance may prove
to be inadequate or non-existent.
9. Employees & Volunteers as additional Insureds - extends
liability coverage to employees and volunteers acting within the
scope of their duties.
10. Limited Watercraft Coverage - provides cover arising out of
the use or operation by or on behalf of the club of any watercraft
not exceeding 8 metres in length.
11. Worldwide Coverage - for damages with respect to bodily injury
or property damage provided that suit for any such damages against
the insured club is brought within Canada or the Continental United
States of America.
12. Owners Protective Liability - is designed to provide coverage
for an insured club against legal liability imposed arising out
of work performed by independent contractors on their behalf.
13. Employee Benefits Liability - $1,000,000 aggregate, provides
cover for a claim made by an employee or former employee caused
by an error or omission in the administration of an “Employee Benefits”
program ($1,000. deductible applies).
14. Incidental Malpractice - covers for liability incurred from
rendering or failing to render professional medical, dental or
nursing services by a facility maintained for employees’ benefit
15. Advertising Liability - $100,000 sub-limit, covers injury
arising out of an offense committed during the policy period occurring
in the course of the Named Insured’s advertising activities if
the injury arises out of libel, slander, defamation, violation
of right of privacy, piracy, unfair competition, or infringement
of copy right, title or slogan.
16. 60-Day Notice of Cancellation - the Insurance Company cannot
cancel the policy without giving at least 60 days notice; 15 days
in the event of non-payment of premium
17. Intentional Acts - Bodily Injury protection is extended to
include reasonable force when in protection of persons or property.
18. Participant Coverage - The policy includes cover for injury
to participants and would respond normally to any such injury as
it would to any Third Party injury.
MAJOR EXCLUSIONS are liability arising out of:
· The use or ownership of any automobile, aircraft, or
watercraft over 25’ in length.
· Intentional acts (unless to protect persons or property).
· Damage to property owned, used or occupied or in one’s
care, custody or control. (See Tenants Legal Liability extension).
We remind you that the insurance policy is a legal document and
that this condensed version of the policy coverage is not intended
to be an exhaustive explanation or interpretation of the actual
If you have any questions concerning the coverage, please contact
us directly and we will be pleased to answer them.
B.F. LORENZETTI & ASSOCIATES INC.
2001 McGill College, Suite 2200 MONTRÉAL, Québec
Telephone : (514) 843-3632 (800) 465-2842 Fax : (514) 843-3842
Sports@BF-Lorenzetti.ca This e-mail address is being protected
JIM STIRLING, Associate Vice-President
ROXANNE JOBIN, Account Executive
For further information on the club please email
us at email@example.com
Cochrane Archery Club